"The Failure Drift" is "a force that moves someone along toward failure".
There's power in revealing "What's So" and very few people get that success starts with embracing the risk of failure. This article is dedicated to approaching success from a totally different place. That place is where failure lives. I learned a long time ago that... "What you resist persists!" And the more you resists failing, the more that failing will persistently show up in your Life!
In this statement lies a very powerful key to success in Business as well as in Life. I invite you to join me in an inquiry into the possibility of Cutting Through that which stops you from attaining the unimaginable and the unpredictable with your existing or your future business.
Small Home Based Businesses are born by the hundreds of thousands every week in America. However, the dilemma is that most well-intended entrepreneurs wind up scratching their heads and wondering about "what happened" when it's too late. The fact is that 80% of businesses fail within their first year and 80% of the remaining 20% never make it to 10 years.
I say it's all caused by The Failure Drift...
What do I mean by "The Failure Drift"? Let me first say that I truly believe that we are all born to succeed. Want proof? Think about this... Millions of sperm eggs participated in the first race you ever ran. You know! The race to reach your mother's ovary. You were The One egg that won that race, weren't you? Now... 'It's hard to believe most business owners beat out 1,000,000 Other Sperms" as well isn't it?
I believe that most people have been conditioned to fail. Past events and experiences lead to this kind of self-destructive mechanism. You and I didn't inherit failing at birth. It is the culmination of many years of conditioning: all the invalidations from our parents and loved ones, the negative comments and teachings from our teachers, school friends, bosses and even colleagues; all the guilt trips, emotional breaks in belonging, criticisms, etc.
Below is one of my favorite passages I ran across in my younger years. I'd like to bring point #7 to your attention here. Think about my previous statement "Whatever you resist persists" as you read through the passage. You start to get the picture?
Rules for Being Human
What does it take to Cut through The Drift? We can't expect this condition of failing to pass until it becomes a failing condition. The automatic failing condition that we are must die for a new success condition to be born. And it all starts with embracing change, embracing breakdowns, embracing, yes, even failure. It starts with interpreting all of these as signs that we are in movement through them to a better place, a place where success starts to show up.
Success is not a place to get to but rather a place to come from. When you and I are able to look at our circumstances in a "certain way" we can get a hold of them. We can then have them instead of them having us. We are in fact attempting, in this inquiry, to institute a "certain way" of being and thinking around the everyday living of our lives.
Don't you sense that you almost have your finger on this new way of thinking? May I suggest a short yet powerful read. At no cost to you whatsoever, you can get a hold of the book "The Science of Getting Rich" here , and read it ASAP. But I must warn you! It's the kind of book that you won't be able to lay down until it's finished. Let me assure you that the few hours invested will powerfully introduce you to "A certain way" of being and thinking... You'll see!