ICF Québec Coaches Breakfast
|Lieu||Virtual via Zoom|
How the Science of Neuroplasticity Helps You Create Lasting Change For Your Clients
With recent advances in neuroplasticity, scientists are learning more about how the human mind grows and adapts over time. Among other insights, we’ve discovered what happens to the brain’s structure when habits are formed -- and what has to happen to create new habits or behaviour patterns that endure.
- The 4 must-haves that your clients need to rewire their brains and make lasting changes
- The game-changing neuroscience that explains why some coaching techniques work — and others are doomed from the start
- The neuroscience behind habitual thoughts — and the scientific evidence that proves we can change our lives by changing our thought pattern
- The neurological reasons that habits are hard to change — and how you can harness the brain’s power to make new changes stick
- What the brains of chickadees and London taxi drivers can teach us about neuroplasticity
- The brain training that helps senior citizens perform like 20 year olds
- How chronic distraction impacts the anatomy of our brain — and what to do about it
- The activities and lifestyle factors that help preserve and improve our brain functions throughout our lives.
Bio: Irena Obrien, Ph.D,
Dr. Irena O’Brien, PhD, is a cognitive neuroscientist and has been studying psychology and neuroscience for over 25 years. Her first career was as a chartered accountant but it had lost meaning for her and went back to university. In her first semester back at Concordia University, she took her first neurobiology course and thought her mind had been let out of a box. That started her love affair with neuroscience and the brain.
She went on to obtain a PhD at Université du Quebec à Montréal (UQAM) where she did brain imaging and electrophysiological studies followed by a postdoctoral fellowship at the Centre for Language, Mind and Brain at McGill University.
She created The Neuroscience School in 2017 offering a Certificate Programme in Applied Neuroscience and now teaches coaches and helping professionals the basics of neuroscience and how students can apply the practical, evidence-based tools and strategies with their clients. The Programme offers 24 CCEUs with the ICF.
Member ICF Québec: Free
Member ICF only: $15 + taxes
No member: $25 + taxes
Date: Friday, June 11, 2021
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
For Information Contact:
Dave Carey - email@example.com
NOTE : To Register, please proceed to the top of the page and click on the appropriate category (Membre ICF Québec, Membre ICF or Non-Membre). You will receive a Zoom link a few days before the meeting.